All About Dawn

Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Favourite - Colin Goh

I have a favourite - Colin Goh. In fact, I first knew him through the Sunday Times Column. A guy that wrote things with different perspectives and many times challenged the ways we think and believe. Afterall, our beliefs are meant to be challenged especially when they are simply a set of values that we hold on to guide our lives.
From the column, I read the 'famous' article that he wrote on Singapore Dreams. The dream of the nation is very different from the dream of individual. Not that liking Colin gives me the courage to leave everything in Singapore and explore the world the way I always wanted. Yet liking Colin gives that extra hint of courage to explore and relook at options in life. When a person see options, he or she sees opportunities and with opportunities come expectancies.
Yesterday nite, I was taking a ride in a friend's car. He mentioned that there is a fortune teller in Clarke Quay that will and can tell your life with absolute accuracy and one just need to pay $10. He mentioned that he would like to pay that fortune teller a visit and was expecting whoever in the car to show the same excitement. Honestly I was thinking I would never want to approach the fortune teller. Life is interesting, beautiful and exciting because we do not know what is actually in store. Won't knowing all kills the simple joy of living? Because I do not know what is the future, I live to savour the tastes of life as if this is the last. Life may not be sweet yet I taste it. Why would anyone want to know the ending when at times the journey is what that makes life interesting? Like what Colin shared in his articles, when you do not have a plan, suddenly there is a world of opportunities.
To me, Colin Goh, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings symbolises the world of possibilities and celebrates the creativities in human mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home