All About Dawn

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Friend - YV

Recently I knew a friend. Let's call this friend - YV. We talked, shared about things and I was glad that I found YV to be interesting to communicate. YV can talk about aspirations, experiences and dreams with zeal. Then I discovered something about YV that I was 'uncomfortable' about. YV was too perfect. Perfect, because YV always has a right answer for every question, and YV never really shown any emotions. I have never seen YV angry, nor sad, nor disappointed. Not that I desired to see YV display such emotions but the check on the emotions are too perfect. Then I discovered, I may not really known YV as well as I thought.

You see, I am too emotional as a person and extremely opinionated. My best friend, Lyn once commented that I am a woman full of emotions and dare to love and dare to hate completely. YV was totally opposite. At times, I knew he was angry, he never shown. YV's anwer to every question is diplomatic, never hurting and absolutely accomodating. There was only one time that I saw disppointment appeared on the YV's eyes from a comment I made, but they were almost immeditately hidden behind a smile and diplomatic answers. And YV once mentioned that the display of emotions are restricted to family members and loved ones because they accepted YV as who YV is. I began to wonder the YV I knew was the same as the real YV. is there a real YV in the first place? I can only guessed that the trust between YV and me was not strong enough to allow YV put down the guard and realised I can too accept YV as who YV is. That may take years and who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home