All About Dawn

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hospice or Not? - Part 1

I helped to shave my dad today. We were 3 weeks into his cancer treatment. I hated seeing him getting weaker or I thought he was getting weaker.

Many friends told me to spend more time with him. Yet one night, I found myself doing lots of housework. I took all the work from my maid and asked her to keep him company. Maybe I was afraid to see the man I know to be so strong getting weaker and weaker each day. He was my pillar of strength, yes even at my age

I used to depend on him so much. Afterall, I grew up as the only child and I was told he will always be there for me when I needed help. He promised to protect me for the rest of my life. If I get bullied next time, who will be there to protect me from the wickedness of this world?

Dad told me that he would like to give up fighting for his life. I hated seeing him in such great pain. He was not eating much. Tried feeding him these few weeks. He cannot really swallowed his food and he was not passing motion. Life was draining away from him and from me. I cannot cried still had mum to take care of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home