All About Dawn

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Awards Ceremony - What's the purpose?

I attended or rather I was involved in an awards ceremony today. Part of my job. I wondered whether it was because of what I went through or rather there was something just not right about how the ceremony was being carried out.

5 years ago, I was thrilled to be part of the ceremony and proud to contribute. Witnessing the many big shots that attended the ceremony with that wow effect. 5 years today, I found that all were so meaningless. Do not get me wrong, the execution and the organising were perfect, too perfect that we forgotten what was the purpose of doing it in the first place. The bigger picture and the reason behind it. Human kind sometimes gotten caught up with the process that they forgotten the very reasons why they do the very things they do. We caught up with the details that we forgotten the end goal.

As for the big shots, I began to wonder in my mind, if the positions and the galmorous uniform sand unfits are to be removed from them, do they command the same respect as individuals? Actually a real test of your worth is when you remove your position in your career, take away your wealth and look around and see who stand by you and respect you as who you are. In fact, many passed the test of standing by, adding on the respect part, few made it.

I have witnessed cases in husband and wife where the wife lost respect of the husband once the earning power and position of the husband was removed due to whatever reasons. When did human kind start achoring their self esteem upon your job or connections? Isn't we suppose to respect each other based on our very character and who we are?

I stated again and again, human life form is fragile. Thus, cherishing every living moment is crucial. I asked myself it today is the last day of my life, would I still want to be at the awards ceremony? Do I really see what I was doing this afternoon a mean to the very end I believe and live my life for? When the answer was a No, I know where I stand and what I should do.

By the way, if tomorrow is your last day, what would you do today and who you would spend your time with? Trust me. the answers will hold the key to what and who you really love in life.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 12 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mei Nu, thanks for inviting me to read your blog :)

Felt the same way as you did, but anyway, enjoy the teamwork and companion of our colleagues, think that make my day.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home